Pipeline cleaning pigs are becoming absolutely essential equipment for pipeline cleaning routines in petroleum and chemical industry. Generally, they are used in the following cases:
- Prior to putting into operation, for removal of construction waste from a pipeline.
- Regular maintenance to remove paraffin deposits, scale and other deposits from pipelines to ensure their full throughput capacity.
- Regular removal of water from pipelines to reduce corrosion and extend pipeline service life.
- Measurement of internal diameter for inspection of long-range pipelines.
- Prior to launch of production, for removal of deposits after the pipeline downtime.